The choice of a profession is an important decision for secondary school graduates – do I enter an apprenticeship, begin university study or even a combination of both? If you are enthusiastic about technology and want to get involved immediately, or if you want to study first and use your technical knowledge as of the first semester, we offer a wide range of opportunities to obtain an intensive view into the fascinating world of firefighting vehicles and firefighting protection technology. Interested secondary school graduates can choose between five technical training occupations and a dual course of study.
Technical Vocational Training
Whether you are more interested in development, production or service, you are an important part of the Magirus team. As such, we provide you with individual supervision and deep insights into the practical activities of the various departments. We always communicate with you at eye level. For the new training year starting on 1 September 2019, we offer training in the following vocations
- Apprenticeship as an industrial technician (m/f)
- Apprenticeship as a construction mechanic (m/f)
- Apprenticeship as a vehicle mechatronics engineer (m/f), system and high-voltage technology
- Apprenticeship as electronics engineer (m/f), operating technology
- Apprenticeship as a vehicle paint technician (m/f )
University study with integrated vocational training
A dual course of study combines the advantages of vocational training with the advantages of academic study. This offers you particularly practical relevance, a shorter duration of study and the perspective of a responsible position at Magirus immediately after you receive your degree. In addition, you benefit from intensive personal supervision, the promotion of independent work, and financial support during your entire period of study. In cooperation with the University of Ulm, we are offering the following dual course of study in 2019:
- Dual course of study following the "Ulm model" and ending with a Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng.), with a specialisation in vehicle technology
The application deadline for the upcoming training year starting 1 September 2019 is 31 October 2018. Further information and tips on applying can be found here.