Rescue, extinguish, recover and protect – with only one vehicle. The Cuerpo de Bombeiros fire brigade in Peru will now be able to meet these versatile challenges with their brand-new Magirus MultiStar. It has been the second Magirus fire-fighting vehicle for this fire brigade in 2015 after receiving a M42L-AS turntable ladder at the end of June. The particular MultiStar concept offers the fire brigade team a unique range of applications: It supplements the technical components of a fire engine with aerial rescue components which make them truly a multi-functional fire-fighting vehicle. Therefore, the MultiStar is a tank pumper, aerial rescue vehicle and crew transporter in one. The compact dimensions on the 2-axle-chassis with 4,950 mm wheelbase and its low operating weight are decisive for the unique MultiStar concept. The vehicle for Peru is the first one of the Magirus MultiStar models that was delivered to a customer with the new Team Cab crew cabine.
The Iveco ML180E28 chassis comes with automatic transmission and a Euro 3 diesel engine with a performance of 275 HP (202 kW). According to customer’s request the superstructure has an extraordinary colouring in “raspberry red”. Furthermore, it contains a carrying case built into the Magirus AluFire 3 system. This case is furnished with equipment specifically designed for fighting fires. Therefore, it comprises a pump with a performance of 3,000 l/min at 10 bar and an internal water tank with 1,800 l for maximum equipment storage capacity. Further specifics and features are:
- Aerial rescue appliance according to EN 1777 with RC300 rescue cage
- Lighting concept in LED technology including LED floodlights at the cage, 2 x 24 V
- Water / foam monitor at the rescue cage, permanently integrated
- Magirus HMI comfort control unit
- FPN 10-3000 Fire-fighting centrifugal pumps, fully automatic and push latch function
- Aluminium telescopic boom with operating range from -12 m to +30,5 m; outreach = 16,5 m (300 kg)
- Breathing apparatus in the cab: 4 sets
- Quick-attack hose reel
- Traffic safety system at the rear
- Folding rear axle
The delivery included an extensive range of additional accessories according to customer’s request. Additional options such as foam proportioning system and a pneumatic light mast mounted on the rear round out the MultiStar concept and enable a flexible adaption to the local circumstances of the Peruvian fire brigade team.
You're are interested in our current deliveries? Please visit Magirus on Facebook.