After the official ceremony in the Magirus Experience Center in Ulm, the Rhineland-Palatinate Firefighters' Association (LFV) has been on the road with two strikingly designed Magirus fire-fighting vehicles since last week: A rescue unit fire-fighting vehicle (HLF) 20 EC-Line and a crew transporter (MTW) on a Fiat Ducato chassis are advertising for volunteer fire-fighters!
Touring under the motto "Home.People.Diversity = Fire Department", the LFV will have visited 36 cities and towns throughout Rhineland-Palatinate with the two vehicles by the end of July. "This twelve-week tour is the next round of our extended long-term campaign to attract the next generation of fire-fighters," says LFV President Frank Hachemer. "In the past, we had to watch some local fire departments in Rhineland-Palatinate close because no more volunteers were available to serve in them." Hachemer continues: "We can't wait. We have to act now. And among other things, we are using this campaign to counteract this trend."
As a body manufacturer, Magirus is happy to support this important project by providing the vehicles for it. The two vehicles are set up in pedestrian zones, marketplaces and other lively town areas, together with local fire departments, to highlight the importance of these associations and their members. Citizens can obtain first-hand information and ask direct questions.
The planned tour locations and dates are:
- 22 May 2016 - Hermeskeil, Fire Department Museum
- 24 May 2016 - Hahn, Airport Terminal
- 25 May 2016 - Simmern, Schlossplatz
- 31 May 2016 - Trier, pedestrian area
- 1 June 2016 - Gerolstein, pedestrian area
- 2 June 2016 - Hillesheim, Marktplatz
- 7 June 2016 - Montabaur, Konrad-Adenauer-Platz
- 8 June 2016 - Koblenz, Forum Mittelrhein
- 9 June 2016 - Neuwied, Luisenplatz
- 14 June 2016 - Otterbach, Shopping Centre
- 15 June 2016 - Kandel, Marktplatz
- 16 June 2016 - Neustadt, Weinstraße, Marktplatz
- 21 June 2016 - Wörth am Rhein, Shopping Centre
- 22 June 2016 - Bellheim, Vorplatz Hauptstraße 140
- 28 June 2016 - Höhr-Grenzhausen, Grenzhausen School Centre
- 29 June 2016 - Wirges, Shopping Centre
- 5 July 2016 - Andernach, Südstadt Shopping Centre
- 6 July 2016 - Bad Breisig, Zentralplatz
- 7 July 2016 - Andernach, HIT-Markt
- 12 July 2016 - Betzdorf, pedestrian are, market
- 13 July 2016 - Kirchen, Shopping Centre
- 14 July 2016 - Altenkirchen, market
- 19 July 2016 - Landstuhl, Am Alten Markt Landstuhl
- 20 July 2016 - Waldmohr, Marktplatz
- 26 July 2016 - Alsenz, Shopping Centre car park
- 27 July 2016 - Rockenhausen, pedestrian area
- 28 July 2016 - St. Goar, pedestrian area Heerstraße
For any questions concerning the tour, please contact Eckhard Schwabe, media officer of the LFV Rhineland-Palatinate at +49 (0)261/97434-16. Further information about the tour is also available under http://www.lfv-rlp.de/.